Friday, August 7, 2015

Audacious Adventurer

It's dark outside. I can't see a thing. It will be over soon. When the Sun rises, the darkness will make way for a shiny world. The colors that I find soothing will replace this barren environment. My senses will experience familiarity. I know, everything will be normal again.

It's dark inside. I never could see a thing and yet, I can see everything I need to see. The Sun never rises here. Hence, there are no shadows and no mirages. This darkness never differentiates, it unifies, it embraces all. If I could help it, it will prevail. Nothing will be normal again. I know, I'll have exactly what I seek.


There are things that come and go, inconsistent prickles that become whatever they receive. As memories of past pleasures, they can be potent catalysts for pain. Manifested as anguish, they intensify the agony. With attention, they become important; ignored they lose their punch.

Then, there are things that remain the same. They build up, spreading surreptitiously, affecting irreversibly, and leave their imprint. Contagious and beyond time, they exist everywhere. They impede the soul, distort the mind, broaden the illusion, weaken the body, increase dependency on worldly things, and thus, dominate each facet of the creation. Only a potent negativity can negate their negative influence.

My anomalous soul creates impulses in the universe, its own reflection. These impulses ripple through everything causing paradoxes in the very fabric of the cosmos. The echoes of these paradoxes converge on my soul to create more anomalies.

Anything complex will compound the complications. The juggernaut that everyone faces, the interplay of the reflection and its echo, feeds on complexities. Only something simplistic can eradicate these complexities.

I am here to perform a simple ritual. It frees my soul from all anomalies. It summons the ubiquitous darkness that eliminates all paradoxes. It incites the omnipotent negativity to destroy the juggernaut. Within the next few minutes, I'll effortlessly gain what sometimes takes more than a lifetime to achieve.

Drenched in light, this wilderness becomes the epitome of dread; a ghastly, harrowing depiction of all the intricacies. Drowned in darkness, it dissolves in monotony; frightening yet embracing. A stark reminder of the ultimate truth, this place is the essence of the human existence and also, its futility.

The one being invoked here doesn't need invoking.

With rage smoldering underneath the tranquility, my inner turmoil is brewing into a violent storm. My sudden craving for the smell of death bewilders me. I find the sight of burning corpses soothing. Blazing pyres brighten my soul. My maddening impulses become a source of divine joy.

Starker, stronger, something dark has risen within and without.

This is a game of power. Dominance and control are its objectives. If I had followed the norms, heeded the warnings, stopped being my reckless self even for a short while and believed that I was too young, too inexperienced; I wouldn't have been here.

I dared. I am here. Alone.

I want to embrace this chaos. It emboldens me, motivates me to forcibly take what's mine. It carves me out of a lump of rock. The more I am chiseled, the more profound the dark figure towering over me becomes. Clearly, I've been heard even before I started calling.

Now that I have an audience, I'll face the music. I'll prove myself worthy of the blessings of the goddess of destruction - Kali.